12/13/2008

The Big Thaw

I'm very confused. The temperature is over 30 degrees today, which seems unmonthably mild. (unmonthably? That's a word. I just made it up, but it's a word.) There's hardly any sign of the big storm that hit us a few days ago - not that I'm complaining.

This is the time of year when people start saying things like, "We need a good cold snap to get rid of all those cold germs!", and other people nod their heads in the shared profundity of it all. Oh, I suppose there's probably some truth to it, but it always makes me chuckle.

I still haven't picked up my X country skis but there's plenty of time for that. Well, judging by my recently developed Kidney Protection Layer, maybe I need to get on the ball. On the other hand, I seem to have grown into my new jeans, so maybe I'm better off not messing with the ol' waistline. Seriously, jeans are a lot cheaper than skis, so... No, who am I kidding - I need the exercise.

Speaking of puppies (hm? what?) my friend is going to have an adorable litter of labradoodle / retrievadoodle puppies in the next couple months. Any takers? They're going to be awwwfully cute! I should also take this time to remind you that it's a good idea to spay or neuter your pets - especially if you have a male and female dog in the same household. Ahem...

Oh! The online charity I'm working with is doing really well (no thanks to PayPal, yeesh!). I posted something this morning and we received over $800 in donations in just a couple hours. That means we can do some real good for some folks who are having a tough time. And there are plenty of them, frankly. With children. Frankly, it would be depressing if we weren't working to help make a better holiday season for them. I think I may have found my calling, to be honest. I just need to find a way to make a living at it and I'd be good.

Anyhoo - that's about it for now. Hope you're all having a great weekend, so far.

No comments: