12/23/2008

Now all I need is a dog and my pipe

Hey, does everyone remember the story about my new boots? I got new boots! No, that's pretty much the whole story, actually.

Anyhoo - the back story on this is that my sister had given me a pair of Uggs, a few years ago, which is pretty cool because Uggs are outrageously expensive. (My nephew had grown out of them and they fit me perfectly. See? God does too love me!) Well, this year they had a blow out and I mentioned it to my sister, so she bought me a pair of Timberland boots. That's pretty cool, in and of itself, but she also bought me a pair of slippers.

Now, I'm not normally a slippers kind of guy, but, as I may have mentioned, it's been hellaciously cold around here lately. And my "office" sits over an empty hallway, so the floor is pretty freakin' cold on the toes. Well, lemme tell ya, there's a new slipper guy in town and it's me!

I'm tempted to subscribe to the newspaper, so I can wander out to get the paper in my robe and slippers. Scratch that - they'd deliver it inside the door, and I don't have a robe. Though I suppose I could buy a robe then wander over to Fareway to get the paper. "Morning, Mrs. Fjelterhagensgaard! Beautiful day, isn't it?"

I am liking this idea...

5 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Scott... I love this blog stuff. Hey, do you have a facebook page? I am new to that as well. This will help pass the time away during the winter. Decorah - huh... I did not know you were there. You know you could go to the Depot Outlet to get yourself a snazzy robe.

I read a past post about Nor-Ski - gosh what memories... you described it perfectly... I closed my eyes and imagined I was in the chalet - burning leather gloves and all...

Nothing beats a new pair of boots. I have a new pair of UGGS and I hate to take them off. My feet stay nice and toasty. I would sleep with them on if I could.

Scott J. said...

Glad to bump into you on the nets, Amy. I just reactived my Facebook page, so it's pretty bare right now.

I'm turning into some kind of clothes horse, lately - I might need professional help. heh!

michaelg said...

Who needs a robe? Just run over to Fareway in your slippers. You can sneak in and out before anyone even notices you're nude because they'll all be dazzled by your new slippers. Unless warmth and comfort is the objective, then a robe is nice.

Scott J. said...

I like the way you think, Michael. I just hope I can count on you for bail money.

michaelg said...

I'll bail you out if we can play the security camera arrest video at our upcoming 25th. Otherwise, I'll just stop in the looney bin on visitors day.