10/28/2009

Straining the limits of Machine and Man

It's been so long, I've almost forgotten how to write. No, check that - I think I've completely forgotten how to write. Ah well, onward!


I had a great time over the Reunion weekend, which shouldn't really be a surprise, and met some folks I literally hadn't seen since high school. Apologies all around. I'm not much for staying in touch with people after I've moved, and was frankly surprised, and chagrined, to find that some of them live here in Decorah. Oops! I hope, now that we've reconnected, we (I) can be a little more neighborly and keep in touch. A few folks left earlier than I'd hoped, too, which was a bit of a drag. Maybe next time, eh?

I was disappointed that a few people weren't able to make it - hopefully they know who they are. All in all, though, I was pleased with the turn out and it seemed like most of us had a good time. A slight hitch in the entertainment plan turned out to be rather a blessing, keeping me on my best better behavior Saturday night. Reunions seem to have an inherent level of hedonism that will be not denied its time. Fortunately, at least in my case, no unexplained bruises, hickies or serious injuries to report, though Friday night definitely took its toll.


(I managed to grab some decent pictures but obviously some of them need some editing - it's on the list.)

The level of physical change we've gone through over the years was interesting. Some of us really hadn't changed a bit, and others I didn't recognize until I was close enough to look them in the eyes. Even more interesting to me, there were a few folks whose voices were instantly recognizable, though I hadn't talked to them in years.


Overall, everyone looked great and I hope it was fun for everyone. Thanks to everyone who showed up, and I hope we'll see the rest of you soon.

On Decorah!

No comments: