6/24/2009

Time Passages



So many things to do...

It's been a busy week and the next week promises to be even busier. All the goings on in the political world and on the international stage have kept me fairly busy on the internet, which is good because busy=$ as far as that goes. (If you haven't read my in depth analyses on the situation in Iran, you really haven't missed anything.) On the local and domestic front, there's a ton of stuff to do, as well.

My ex is moving back to the States from Cambodia, so I have all kinds of things to take care of before she gets here. (Yes, it's a rather strange situation but love will make people do strange things.) Lawn care, gardening, cleaning, storing stuff to make room for her stuff... every time I cross something off the To Do list, something takes its place. And talk about nerves.... yeesh! Now, if only I could get rid of this Grinch belly I've developed and add a few inches to the old biceps, I'd be feeling pretty good. Ah well - here's hoping that love is still blind.

I'm kind of disappointed about the garden. I planted it extremely late due to the rainy weather we've had, so it's going to be a while before there's any produce. I started a little planter of herbs, which is coming along but I'm not sure it's going to produce as well as I'd hoped.

The rain has made the lawn and the roses grow like crazy. I'll get some pictures up, later.

























I'm not sure what this is, but the backyard is full of them. Michael?

4 comments:

Little Sister said...

WOWZA,...this is big news. I hope that I get a chance to meet your X when I am home...
CLEANING TIP: Use Mrs. Meyers from ACe Kitchen PLace. Works great and smells oh so good.
Also-get some HIGH thread count new sheets...a girl needs creature comforts.

michaelg said...

I think the bottom picture are asiatic lilies. We'll see.
Your ex wife?? Is that the ex? Huh? When did this come about?

Scott J. said...

More lilies would be great! They're popping up all over the yard.

Yes, the ex-wife. We reconnected via FB, if you can believe it, so we might see if we can make something work.

Amy said...

Yes, those are lillies....

good luck with the ex...