2/09/2009

Hell Week

Well, the big week is here. Bro-in-law will be here, probably tomorrow, to start the renovation at the new apt. My sisters dear will be here later in the week to go through some things and make ready for Mom's move to Michigan. There's a lot of work to do in a few short days.
  • Install cabinetry, sink, stove and countertops in the kitchen
  • Refinish or replace kitchen floor
  • Move furniture into the new place
  • Move my stuff to the new place
  • Move some of Mom's bedroom furniture onto the trailer for her new place
  • Clean my old place
At some point this week, I'll be transferring my DSL to the new place, which means fiddling with the phone lines to find the best way to hook it up. This will not be fun and also means I probably won't get much paying work done this week. We also need to go through a lot of Mom's paperwork to prepare for taxes and take care of other arrangements for her move. I was one of the leads on moving our office from the suburbs to downtown, in a previous work life, and that was far more enjoyable than a personal move.

There's a part of me that will miss the old place but it's a small part. The new apt. is 2 to 3 times bigger and will have a nice, new bathroom and kitchen. It will be worth it, so I shouldn't complain. Still...

No comments: